Cross Country Ski lessons and coaching
Prices, winter 2021
650 NOK: 1.5 hour lesson
700 NOK: 2 hour lesson
Price for 1 or 2 people sharing a session.
For larger groups please contact us for a price.
At Venabu we offer lessons and coaching to suit everyone from beginners to advanced skiers, even aspiring cross-country ski racers.
Cross country skiing has fundamental elements of technique. When you get these right, it will transform your skiing and enjoyment of the sport.
A coaching session with us will give you clear points to work on and a development plan. You can choose to include video feedback for added clarity and development.
As an athletic skier good technique enables you to ski faster and tackle greater challenges. Skiing well feels really good! It also has excellent cross training benefits for other sports and fitness activities.
You may even be inspired to take on one of the classic races such as Norway’s Birkebeiner.
Being a more efficient skier, through good technique, opens up a world of longer tours. You ski easily and with less effort.
We can help you to improve in whichever style of cross-country skiing you choose: classic, skate or off track.
Want to improve your ski technique for tackling descents to feel more in control on your skis? We can help with that too.
Benefits of cross country ski lessons or coaching:
- Beginners lessons – make the best start to your cross country skiing
- Improve your technique – transform your skiing
- Expert coaching
- Develop mastery on your skis
- Gain confidence and become more effective on descents
- Learn to skate
Cross country ski coaching at Venabu
- Expert teaching and coaching with BASI nordic ski instructors.
- A supportive environment so you can improve your skiing in a relaxed atmosphere.
- A clear individual action plan to develop your skiing.
- Weekend and week-long courses available.
- Venabu, Norway, is the perfect location for technical cross country skiing and training. There is immediate access to over 140km of superb Nordic tracks. The terrain is varied and the area has a great snow record.
- Venabu is a great ski destination three hours north of Oslo.
BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
Joy O’Flanagan is an experienced BASI Nordic Ski Instructor and International Mountain Leader. She is also a movement specialist: a qualified physiotherapist and Pilates instructor. Joy is happiest out and about in the mountains: skiing, climbing or running.
BASI Nordic International Ski Teacher
Ewen Martin has been teaching skiing and mountaineering for 30 years. This includes Alpine, Telemark, ski touring and Nordic. Ewen is a Nordic International Ski Teacher and a German military high mountain Guide. He also works as a trainer for BASI: teaching and assessing instructors. Ewen’s expertise and enthusiasm enable him to get the very best out of each skier he teaches.
“Excellent guiding team!”
“An amazing week. The whole guiding team was excellent and very patient for me as a beginner… Hope to be back soon.”
You may also like
Venabu Classic Cross Country Ski Holiday
Weekend Ski Course: "Become a Better Skier!"
Off Track Ski Safari Holiday
“We had a fantastic holiday, new snow, fantastic tracks, superb hotel, food out of this world, staff so helpful and polite. Already booked for Christmas.”