Our Covid-19 considerations
Venabu’s Covid precautions
We take infection control seriously and have implemented several measures so that guests are as safe as possible.
The Norwegian National Institute of Public Health has made recommendations and issued infection control regulations. The local public health bodies have done the same. At Venabu we have put hygiene measures in place, in accordance with these rules and recommendations. You will be familiar with many of these from your home country.
It is important to us that everyone feels safe. We remain alert and aim to keep conditions as comfortable as possible. For example, guests will find rubbing alcohol available at all entrances and around the hotel. We ask guests to use this frequently.
We all have a responsibility
Our responsibility is to facilitate a safe stay and we also ask guests to be responsible and aware.
- Stay at home if you have symptoms of respiratory infections such as stuffy nose, sore throat, cough, fever, wheezing, headache or other symptoms of Covid-19.
- If you are already staying at the hotel and are experiencing symptoms, we urge you to stay in the room and notify reception staff or management, by phone, as soon as possible.
What you can do during your stay
- Keep the recommended distance from others, minimum 1 meter.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Frequently use hand sanitizer located at the entrances and around the hotel.
- Have a paper handkerchief available and cough / sneeze into the paper, throw it away and wash your hands. There are bins with lids located around the hotel for this purpose.
- If you do not have a paper handkerchief cough / sneeze into your elbow to avoid droplet infection.
- Avoid handshakes and hugging.
- The eyes, mouth and nose are the gateway to viruses, so avoid touching your face.
- Efficient and environmentally friendly detergents are used for cleaning in the hotel.
- Bed linen and towels are handled only by the cleaning staff.
- There will be no daily cleaning of the guest rooms, to avoid transmission of infection. If you want your room taken care of, let the reception know.
- Clean towels can be found in the closet at the end of each corridor.
- Waste can be sorted at recycling stations at the end of the corridor.
- Bedspreads and other items in the rooms have been removed as an infection control measure.
- All guests have a set table reserved for them in the restaurant during their stay.
- The distance between the tables and travel companions must comply with the 1 meter rule.
- For breakfast there is a buffet with infection contro measures in place. In addition, we have a set up a varied selection of items in individual glass jars and bottles. This minimises contact points.
- We ask you to show consideration and keep your distance and use the hand alcohol that is set up at the entrance to the restaurant.
- Lunch is now also a buffet with infection control measures in place.
- For dinner, a good 3-course menu is served at the tables.
At check-in and check-out, be careful to keep a safe distance from other guests and staff. If several of you are travelling together, we ask that just one person from your party comes to reception for check-in and check-out. We prefer that you use a card for payment.
The reception and bar will be open as usual for the sale of kiosk goods and beverages. We comply with the rules that apply at all times regarding the pouring of alcohol. We ask that everyone adheres to the 1 meter rule, and adhere to the staff’s recommendations.
Living rooms and common areas
We have seating areas in the common areas with sufficient distance, and seating for all resident guests. Surfaces and exposed contact surfaces are regularly cleaned.
The toilets are cleaned several times a day, but we encourage everyone who stays with us to use the toilet in their own room. There are posters with instructions on hand washing routines at all sinks.
Sauna can be used by arrangement with the reception. Saunas and showers / changing rooms are cleaned after each use.
Our yoga classes have resumed with extra cleaning, more spacing and smaller numbers.
Our employees have clear instructions and guidelines for good infection control. They will carry out good hand hygiene at all times. They will use any necessary protective equipment.
We recommend everyone to stay up to date on information from the authorities: https://www.fhi.no/en/id/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/