2022 dates to follow
From 4 990 NOK
Per person, based on a twin/double room share
Cross country ski grade
Intermediate to advanced. This course will suit cross country skiers with a foundation of classic technique.
Small group size
Minimum 4, maximum 8.
Make this the winter to transform your skiing
We promise that we can help you to become a better Nordic skier.
On this cross country ski weekend we integrate ski and movement coaching in a unique approach.
We aim for the weekend to be social and stimulating. We will help you to transform the foundations of your skiing, on the way to developing mastery. You’ll have the opportunity to make significant improvements in your cross country skiing, and have fun at the same time.
We love to work with cross country ski enthusiasts and our guests are keen holiday skiers.
This course suits:
- Cross country skiers who enjoy learning
- Experienced cross country skiers who would like to develop their skiing and have fun in the process
- Skiers who want to enjoy longer cross country ski tours, skiing efficiently
- Skiers who would like to take on one of the classic cross country ski races
- Expert teaching and coaching with two BASI nordic ski instructors
- Develop mastery on your skis
- Two full days of skiing
- A supportive environment and a relaxed group atmosphere
- Small group size
- A clear individual action plan to develop your skiing
- Excellent cross training benefits. The understandings you gain will overflow into your other sports and fitness activities.
- A great cross country skiing break three hours north of Oslo
Day 1. Friday arrival
This evening we will meet at the hotel and have dinner together with the coaches. We will talk about the week ahead, but our more detailed briefing will be over coffee the following morning. This is an evening to meet everyone and settle into the weekend.
19.00: Dinner is served.
Day 2. Saturday
a.m. We’ll meet after breakfast for our briefing and ski warm up before gathering in the ski waxing room to wax the skis. This morning we’ll have a short ski to help you find your ski legs and see where you are with your current skiing.
p.m. Understand and develop the fundamentals. Work on the fundamentals is the path to mastery. We use off snow exercises followed by on-snow activity. We will video some of this session.
16.00 Pilates-based movement and recovery session. Reaffirm your learning and prepare for the following day on your skis.
19.00 Dinner is served.
Evening: Optional evening session: Ewen will host a session for anyone curious about ski racing. We find that many guests are curious about races such as Norway’s Birkebeiner. This is an opportunity to find out more and have your questions answered by an experienced coach.
Day 3. Sunday
am. Warm up and activation session – the best preparation for the day
Today we focus on the different techniques of classic skiing. During a ski tour we will break down the classic ski techniques. This session is about developing your understanding of the correct movement patterns.
pm. Individual coaching
During the session we will accommodate what you wish to work on individually. Together we will create an action plan for physical and mental training, along with technical ski development.
Departure after skiing
This itinerary may change to adapt to snow and weather conditions and to the needs of the group.
Although we don’t include skate skiing in this programme if you would like a skate training session then we can include one. Skate skis are available to rent from Venabu.
BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
Joy O’Flanagan is an experienced BASI Nordic Ski Instructor and International Mountain Leader. She is also a movement specialist: a qualified physiotherapist and Pilates instructor. Joy is happiest out and about in the mountains: skiing, climbing or running.
BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
Ewen Martin has been teaching skiing and mountaineering for 30 years. This includes Alpine, Telemark, ski touring and Nordic. Ewen is a Nordic International Ski Teacher and a German military high mountain Guide. He also works as a trainer for BASI: teaching and assessing instructors. Ewen’s expertise and enthusiasm enable him to get the very best out of each skier he teaches.
“Wonderful .. skiing”
“Thank you all for a most wonderful week of skiing! Everything was fabulous. We will be back for sure!”
Esther and David (UK)
- Expert cross country ski and movement coaching on two days
- A clear individual action plan to support your ski development
- Optional evening session to introduce ski racing
- Two nights accommodation on a three-quarter board basis: breakfast and dinner are substantial! Plus a packed lunch made up at breakfast. Thermos filled with your choice of hot drink.
Ava and Christine (UK)
You may also like
Venabu Classic Cross Country Ski Holiday
"Become a Better Skier!": Ski Skills Week
Off Track Ski Safari Holiday
“We had a fantastic holiday, new snow, fantastic tracks, superb hotel, food out of this world, staff so helpful and polite. Already booked for Christmas.”