Troll Ski Marathon
Saturday 2nd april 2022
the world’s longest one day classic ski race
Stay at Venabu for the best start to your race.
The classic and original race of 95km from Ven to Sjusjoen and the long course of 120km both start 600m from Venabu Fjellhotell.
The race route follows the “Troll’s Trail” from Venabygdsfjellet to Sjusjøen. It runs through stunning mountain terrain and birch forest at an altitude between 870 and 1030m asl.
Along the trail, Northern Europe’s original and ancient wild reindeer tribe lives, and wolves, bears, lynx and wolverines frequent the mountain areas regularly.
Benefits of your stay at Venabu:
- starting line 200 meters from the hotel
- the race office is at Venabu making pre-race admin easy
- pre-race breakfast served at 5.30am, designed to fuel racers before a challenging day
- special night-before race dinner, available until 22h for those travelling
- spacious well-equipped waxing room for you to prepare your skis before the race
Stay overnight at Venabu
We have a number of accommodation options available: single, twin, double or family room. Twin rooms are available only for guests booking together. We also have several rental cabins for guests who would like to enjoy a longer stay in the mountains. However, in 2021 we did not offer our usual dormitory accommodation. Read more about infection control at Venabu.
Our Trollski package includes:
- Pre-race dinner, available until 22h
- Overnight accommodation
- Pre-race breakfast, served from 5.30h
- Packed lunch and thermos filled
Price: from 1750 NOK
For the ultimate recovery, why not extend your stay until Sunday? Relax at Venabu and enjoy great food after your race.
Connecting with public transport
We offer transfers by hotel minibus from Ringebu railway and bus station. Please reserve your transfer when you book your accommodation.
Price from: 250 NOK per person
Connections after the race
The Troll Ski Marathon event organisers arrange buses that connect with each race. Thiese should be booked when you register for your race.